From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: How to improve the trustees
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 18:54:15
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On 2008.02.04 01:19, Jan Bilek wrote:
5
6 I would like to reply to a few of your points.
7
8 > Hi again,
9 >
10 > I want to write some kind of 'a summary answer' addressed to all of
11 > you who reacted to my posts - thank you very much for your answers.
12
13 [snip]
14
15 > Please forgive me for being so sceptical about those 'formal and
16 > instititutionalized' ways of doing things (regular
17 > meetings/summaries/named positions). I do realize now that I saw only
18 > a small part of a picture when I wrote about it and I hope nobody
19 > took it personally (if someone did - I am so sorry about it).
20 > BTW - this might be some kind of a cultural issue; seeing your names
21 > I guess none of you is from eastern Europe...
22
23 Cultural issues are more widespread than most people realise. Its not
24 just different countries, its different generations within the same
25 country too. Worse, offence caused by accidentally infringing another
26 cultures taboos are often never explained, thus never corrected, so
27 they may be repeated in other encounters.
28
29 [snip]
30 >
31 > My goal is not to criticize, my goal is to get closer to the truth
32 > about current state and possible future of Gentoo.
33 >
34 [snip]
35 Criticism is good but it has to be properly phrased and well thought
36 out. Its usually described as positive criticism. So please keep it up.
39 > Thanks for all the work you do for us,
40 > Jan.
43 Thank you for your feedback and positive criticism.
46 - --
47 Regards,
48
49 Roy Bamford