From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-managers@l.g.o, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] RE: [gentoo-managers] Re: [gentoo-nfp] I met with my lawyer
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 00:43:51
1 Pvdabeel wrote:
2 > Drobbins wote:
3 > > I met with my lawyer and this is the tenative plan for the not for
4 > > profit. In this plan, I am attempting to balance the commitments I
5 > > have made to individuals
6
7 > Can those commitments be categorized as for profit?
8
9 No, certainly not, though I guess it should not be surprising to me, with
10 trust in this project so low, that someone would suspect this.
11
12 I made commitments to the original management team (this did and does
13 include you,) and to most of the additional managers added after that. This
14 is because the management was originally intended to morph into the board
15 for the NFP, so I am following through on that.
16
17 I also made commitments to g2boojum and agriffis. They are well-respected
18 and senior members of this project whom I thought would be an asset to the
19 board.
20
21 So any of these people will have the opportunity to serve as board members
22 if they so choose. And again, this includes you.
23
24 > Why wouldn't the people you have been making
25 > commitments to behind at least my back, be prepared to make a
26 > commitment to you in return? Especially after all the trouble
27 > you are undergoing to ensure those commitments are implemented.
28
29 I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
30
31 > You have to make your mind up: Moving the FP to a new office
32 > instead of continuing to burn cds at home, and then whining
33 > to the NFP about your debt, doesn't sound ok to me. It still
34 > is your problem to make sure you keep both your FP and NFP
35 > roles as (amongst others) a release-engineering lead,
36 > manager, chief architect, trademark holder, store owner, ...
37 > separated.
38
39 I'm sorry that you view my past decisions to put Gentoo above the needs of
40 my family as "whining."
41
42 Anyway, I hope you'll choose to accept a position on the board of the NFP.
43
44 Daniel
48 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list