From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] You need to pay them
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 20:11:54
1 I detect a bit of sarcasm, and some later posts were a bit heated.
2
3 No, I'm not angry, but can we please relax?
4
5 No, I'm not comrel or acting in an official capacity, but I think
6 things could be more productive with a bit less heated emotion going
7 around and a bit more coolness and collectedness. Logic tends to get
8 chased out the hallway when emotion gets involved.
9
10 So, just as a causal request, can everyone please try to calm down?
11 This is a humble request to drobbins, rich0, and anyone else who may
12 have already fanned any flames or may yet be tempted to do so.
16 As for practical topics...I agree with the tangent Neddy touched on,
17 namely that this is a legal entity set up as a business (not in the
18 sense of a profit making endeavor, but as a legal entity with its own
19 persona), and thus we need to be careful about
20 profit/tax/employment/etc implications.
21
22 The legal arena is a potential minefield and caution is due.
23
24 Whether such caution is already being taken or not is a separate issue
25 that I'll leave to those who know.
26