From: Koon <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] I met with my lawyer
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:29:26
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 > If you have any suggestions for improvement or for coordinator/project lead
4 > structure, try to see if you can suggest it so that it can work in the
5 > context of what I've just outlined above.
6
7 Well, I've already written a few letters detailing my suggestions, so
8 while I'm at it, I will comment on how my suggestions can work in this
9 context.
10
11 - I think NFP evolution must happen quickly, so a non-elected transition
12 board is probably the best way, and I'm very happy to see it becoming
13 more real every day
14
15 - Election of the board on the developer corpus is a good idea, maybe
16 one year for the transition board before elections is too much but we
17 have other things to do than to run elections all the time
18
19 - I fear that the number of board members (if all current "managers" go
20 in) will be too much people to have good conflict resolution. 5 people
21 would be the best, 7 is I think the upper limit... But you can think
22 otherwise and/or it can be the mission of the transition board to set up
23 a more effective structure
24
25 - Board members will be in effect the project managers. I think a
26 two-level structure would be more efficient. A small board deciding on
27 the number and nature of the TLPs, and deciding on lead teams for each.
28 But I also understand the will of long-time managers to keep some of
29 their well-earned Gentoo status and be a board member and a project lead
30 at the same time. I would be glad to hear from current managers about a
31 board/projectlead separation system, just to know if I'm completely way out
32
33 - I understand the need for using the trademark and keeping some of the
34 cash flow generated by the Gentoo store, so I won't comment on that
37 Thierry Carrez (koon)
40 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list