From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] What could the Gentoo Foundation do with money?
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 00:53:50
On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 20:42 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 02:17 +0200, Luca Barbato wrote: > > William L. Thomson Jr. wrote: > > > > > > > > > 1. Provide all devs with a base development system > > > > Oh cool, wait no. There is a direct adopt-a-dev stuff people could think > > more personal and fun. > > Oh yeah, I forgot because the list is empty, and all devs have > everything they could want or need. Right, what was I thinking. > >
I am really glad the adopt a dev thing got brought up. If we can't get people to contribute, donate, or sponsor hardware like an ethernet card or other minor things on that list. I fail to see how we are going to get sponsors to pony up large sums of money. Like monthly for infra services. Perfect example of reality != ideals Reallying 100% on sponsors is ideal. But in reality, we will always fall short. We will always have less than we need, much less what we want. Most the stuff on the list above is minor. Off hand I bet the foundation could kill that list with $10k a most. So where are all these readily available and easy to find sponsors? Why is that list not empty, and how long have the items on there been there? -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation