From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question for Trustee candidates: your past Trustee work
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 18:54:27
1 On Sun, 2020-06-28 at 20:43 +0200, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
2 (klondike) wrote:
3 > El 28/6/20 a las 20:36, Michał Górny escribió:
4 > > On Sun, 2020-06-28 at 10:48 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
5 > > > On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 6:06 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 > > >
7 > > > > Hello,
8 > > > >
9 > > > > I'd like to start asking questions to our Trustee candidates similarly
10 > > > > to how we do it for the Council.
11 > > > >
12 > > > > The first question is for candidates who have been Trustees before (i.e.
13 > > > > all of them right now):
14 > > > >
15 > > > > What have you done as a Trustee in your most recent term? How do you
16 > > > > reflect on your work, and why? What would you do better, and how?
17 > > > >
18 > > > I am currently (and for the past year) President, Gentoo Foundation Inc. My
19 > > > perception is that the Foundation is responsible for very little in the
20 > > > eyes of the current community. In the past year we did two major things:
21 > > > - Signed a deal with Nitrokey to issue keys to developers: We have since
22 > > > paid for 96 keys.
23 > > > - Hired a firm to do the Foundations taxes, we have paid back taxes for 4
24 > > > years to the IRS.
25 > > >
26 > > I'm sorry but I'm not sure if that really answers the question. This
27 > > really feels like you're saying what Foundation did, not what you did.
28 > >
29 > > I was asking what you personally was responsible for, what was the gain
30 > > from having you as a Trustee compared to the situation that somebody
31 > > else had the seat. I would like to know what you actually physically
32 > > did, not what votes you took part in or what you signed off on
33 > > as the president.
34 > >
35 > You are aware that Alec is not even a candidate for this election (he was elected on 2019 when you were also a candidate and has a mandate of two years) and he is answering your question in the quality of President and not that of a candidate, aren't you?
38 No, I'm not. I'm sorry, I haven't cross-referenced his reply to list of
39 candidates.
42 Best regards,
43 Michał Górny