From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Please vote on this proposal related to http://bugs.gentoo.org/667602
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2018 15:50:21
1 On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 11:41 AM Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > >>>>> On Thu, 04 Oct 2018, Alec Warner wrote:
4 >
5 > > The bug requests that a reprieve be granted until the company reviews
6 > > the new policy and (hopefully) grants approval. This would be in the
7 > > form of an allowlist where specific identities (approved by some
8 > > delegate of council && trustees) do not require an SoB line to commit
9 > > for some period of time.
10 >
11 > Does this imply that whitelisted developers are exempt from the
12 > copyright policy altogether? Or are they expected to follow all other
13 > aspects of the copyright policy, with the Signed-off-by line being the
14 > only exception?
17 The bug wording was:
18
19 "We are requesting a 30 day reprieve on the hard enforcement of
20 sign-off-by lines in commits to give our legal dept time to approve the
21 new copyright policy."
22
23 Is that clear? This proposal is 90 days, and the reprieve only applies to
24 approved whitelisted identities.
25
26 -A
30 > Please clarify.