From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Questions For Gentoo Foundation Trustee Candidates
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:29:43
1 To file for a 501(c)(?), the articles of incorporation and bylaws MUST have
2 a "Purpose" that matches the valid classes of 501(c)(?):
3 => SPI & SFC's purpose both cover Charitable, not Educational or Scientific.
4 => LF's purpose as cited in their bylaws does match their 501(c)(6) business league.
5
6 The Form 1023/Form 1024 have a SPECIFIC question, where you have to
7 reference the exact part of bylaws/articles that shows the purpose.
8 And the Bylaws & Articles must be included with the Form 1023/1024
9 filing.
10