From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Re: Re: How to improve the trustees
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 05:00:37
William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:

> I think it's kinda naive and unrealistic long term to continue to do > these things in house. More so when we can get the needed services > externally for next to nothing. Either way, decisions still have to be > made, and the board will still have to do that. It's just the final > action, and liability that will be passed on. Also IMHO makes changing > of the guard much easier. Not to mention allows focus on other areas of > the foundations mission. >
Agreed; having oversight from people with experience is useful, and so is involving users in any area they can be useful, but yeah I favour professional assistance; you gave better reasoning ofc. The SFC looked good to me; for all the talk of the size of Gentoo, as an organisation apart from the actual volunteer development, it isn't large. An idea: why not allow users to pay a nominal fee, say $10 per year, to have a "contributor" badge on the forums, with zero other benefit? Donations aren't quite the same, since they're anonymous, and keeping a single, small level of contribution would mean users wouldn't feel pressured by it. I'm sure quite a few of the user base would happily stump up, including me ;) and that'd give Gentoo a bit more money to play with. -- gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Re: Re: How to improve the trustees John Alberts <john.m.alberts@×××××.com>