From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Foundation reinstated
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:49:28
On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 19:27 +0100, Steve Long wrote:
> William L. Thomson Jr. wrote: > > > The Gentoo Foundation has been reinstated. We are legal again :) > > > w00t! well done: can you guys take some of the non-technical stuff away from > Council? (see recent thread on -project.) They're not cut out for it, nor do > we want them to be ;-)
It was discussed at recent meeting yesterday. We have contacted the council, and will be seeing what we can do to help out, and/or lift some or all of the non-technical burdens from the council. Along with some other possible restructuring, so the foundation, resembles other business entities. Essentially council = CTO. But this still needs to be discussed with current/new council, and is not likely to change anything in the next month or two. Potentially requiring a global vote from all devs in the process. Really hard to comment on it at this time. Things are still VERY premature, and we are working on getting the ball rolling. When there is more to say on this subject. The board of trustees, council, and/or PR will put out a statement to that effect. Please be patient, we are aware of the problems, and looking into what we can do. FYI, we have no intentions of doing anything in private. That said we are feeling things out in private, to see if there is any interest. Before we take matters public. Which either way, they will be made public ASAP. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation