From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Words of Caution
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:00:24
1 Doug Klima wrote:
2 > I'd just like to remind everyone that trustees are people that should
3 > have a bit of business savvy about them and should be comfortable
4 > dealing with paper work along with budgets. Just because someone is good
5 > at the technical aspect of Gentoo does not mean they can figure out the
6 > difference between a hole in the ground and something else.
7 >
8 > If you've been nominated, please take the above into consideration
9 > before accepting. Don't just accept because you "want to make a
10 > diference in Gentoo and the previous guys just did it wrong." We've had
11 > enough of those platforms and frankly those people fell flat on their
12 > faces and left us in that situation.
13 >
14 > If you've never heard of the UCC or what corporate bylaws are and mean,
15 > you should sit out of this one and get involved in another aspect of
16 > Gentoo.
17
18 Here are some New Mexico documents that Grant has been using lately, in
19 his heroic efforts to get things back on track:
20
21 http://tinyurl.com/2v6qtl
22
23 It might be a good idea for potential trustees to have a read of those,
24 and see how much they can make sense of (and see just how uninteresting
25 the task seems to be, at least in my opinion!)
26
27 Daniel
28 --
29 gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list