From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Words of Caution
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:00:24
Doug Klima wrote:
> I'd just like to remind everyone that trustees are people that should > have a bit of business savvy about them and should be comfortable > dealing with paper work along with budgets. Just because someone is good > at the technical aspect of Gentoo does not mean they can figure out the > difference between a hole in the ground and something else. > > If you've been nominated, please take the above into consideration > before accepting. Don't just accept because you "want to make a > diference in Gentoo and the previous guys just did it wrong." We've had > enough of those platforms and frankly those people fell flat on their > faces and left us in that situation. > > If you've never heard of the UCC or what corporate bylaws are and mean, > you should sit out of this one and get involved in another aspect of > Gentoo.
Here are some New Mexico documents that Grant has been using lately, in his heroic efforts to get things back on track: It might be a good idea for potential trustees to have a read of those, and see how much they can make sense of (and see just how uninteresting the task seems to be, at least in my opinion!) Daniel -- gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list