From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>, gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 00:53:14
1 On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 7:44 PM, NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o> wrote:
2 > The proposal does not make all members Gentoo staff.
3
4 Then, IMO, it isn't an improvement. Certainly my intent was for it to
5 make all Foundation members Gentoo staff.
6
7 I think that all Foundation members should be staff, and all staff
8 should be Foundation members. If somebody isn't qualified to be in
9 one, they shouldn't be in the other. If somebody doesn't want to be
10 in one, they shouldn't be in the other.
11
12 I'm not suggesting that there should be some kind of onerous
13 requirement to be staff.
14
15 I think one of the biggest problems that you need to solve if you want
16 to try to reform the meta-structure is that we have multiple
17 constituencies right now. My goal would be to fix that. If somebody
18 isn't active enough to be considered staff, then they shouldn't be
19 voting on the governance of the distro. If they're going to be voting
20 on governance, then they should be well-versed in how things work.
23 Rich