From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Tax return and accounting discrepancies
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 07:36:51
<!-- snip -->

Mathew,  I would like to thank you for the work you are doing.

I know absolutely nothing of how the IRS operates so hopefully these questions
are appropriate.

When you state that there will not be "serious consequences",  is this
personal opinion or based on law/irs policy.   I would assume that IRS would
have the power to confiscate all assets of gentoo and "close us down" in the
worse case.  Would you be able to give an indication of what "serious
consequences" might entail.  I'm assuming it will be a financial penalty that
we are currently able to afford.  Your personal opinion on this is sufficient but
if you can give a range (ie < 5000) it would be apprieciated.

Also, is there any visibility on the steps that need to be completed and
estimated timelines for when each step may be completed.  I realise that
timelines could be very difficult to give and even harder to meet but it seems
very important that we do.  Would it be possible to allocate funding to speed
this process along. where is the bottleneck? is it us?  the US mail service?
IRS/Goverment Bureaucracy?