From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] RE: [gentoo-council] Foundation by laws: new Article V
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 23:08:35
1 On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 14:42 -0700, Chrissy Fullam wrote:
2 >
3 > If the Trustees are not supposed to intervene in Gentoo development, that
4 > being the technical direction of Gentoo, aren't they are in direct violation
5 > of this by determining who cannot be a Council member by their own
6 > membership?
7
8 Your reading that wrong. No one is saying they can't be on council. Just
9 if they are, they can't be on trustees. Yes the same goes visa versa.
10
11 > ========================================
12 > <second addition>
13 > Fmccor voted today that there should be a separation of Trustees and
14 > Council. I see a direct conflict in how he was a Trustee and ran for
15 > Council,
16
17 That conflict was brought up during the election process. He knew he
18 would not win. Thus was pretty moot. Unless you want to nick pick on
19 things that do not matter.
20
21 > but after not being elected he has now decided that no one else can
22 > do it either?
23
24 Um nope, that was brought up and happened after he was elected to the
25 board of trustees.
26
27 > He accepted his own Council nomination on 2008-06-05 and
28 > responded to a series of 'questions to our nominees' on the same date.
29
30 It's totally moot, so get over it. There are more important things to
31 harp on and waste others time on.
34 William L. Thomson Jr.
35 Gentoo Linux Developer