From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Thoughts on upcoming trustee elections
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:04:53
Aron Griffis wrote:[Wed Apr 27 2005, 09:48:40PM EDT]
> If we were to go ahead with a Condorcet election, then each voter > would need to rank the candidates rather than simply voting yes or no.
Ranking could be pretty simple to implement like this: (1) Provide an executable /usr/local/bin/ballot on that would create an appropriately umasked file ~/.ballot and dump into it a randomized list of the candidates. $ ballot --new Please edit ~/.ballot, putting your first choice at the top, second choice on the second line, down to your last choice on the bottom line. (2) After editing, the user would then verify they didn't screw up the edit by running ballot again. $ ballot --check Looks good! Please leave ~/.ballot in place until after the election is concluded. or $ ballot --check Your ballot is missing the following candidates: ... etc. (3) When the election is finished, we'd use another script to collect all the votes and generate the listing to put into the Condorcet calculator. I'd volunteer to write "ballot". Regards, Aron -- Aron Griffis Gentoo Linux Developer

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Thoughts on upcoming trustee elections Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Thoughts on upcoming trustee elections Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>