From: Ryan Gibbons <gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Helping Hand ...
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 03:34:47
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 16 January 2008, gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >> ----- "Mike Frysinger" <vapier@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> you're killin me man. can you please fix your e-mail client. some
7 >>> notes:
8 >>> - line wrapping is totally hosed
9 >>> - top posting is crazy
10 >>> - threading is busted
11 >>> -mike
12 >>>
13 >> Is this any better?
16 > you fixed top posting, but that's a user thing, not e-mail client. your lines
17 > still arent wrapped and threading is broken :/
20 Yeah, but sometimes those user things are the hardest to fix :D
21 >> I am using the Zimbra web client.
24 > sounds like it's time for an upgrade. does it offer imap or something which
25 > you could hook a real client up to ? often times imap/imaps is exposed and
26 > admins forget to turn it off (or just dont know what it's all about so leave
27 > it alone for fear of busting stuff).
28 >
29 Well since I am the administrator / owner / user / whatever , I know
30 that imap/s is on and use it for my Treo and thunderbird, it is just
31 Zimbra has such a nice web client I actually prefer it over thunderbird
32 > another possibility would be to use gmail as a gateway ... i have a few gmail
33 > accounts that i use as a dumping ground from other accounts and then gmail
34 > exposes a ton of storage and pop/imap.
35 >
36 > at any rate, i hate to see someone with potential trip up over such a basic
37 > thing. clearly you're a level headed guy who thinks things through which is
38 > a highly desirable quality.
39 >
40 Well I am willing to work with it, what do you use for your mail
41 client. I don't really like thunderbird, clunky interface and I don't
42 like the way it handles mailing list.
43 >
44 >> It is so funny corporate world wants top post, tech mailing list want prefix
45 >> with inline edit ... I'm not use to the latter yet.
48 > corporate world wants what microsoft feeds them. since exchange/outlook is
49 > the defacto corporate standard, all these corporate folks learned about
50 > e-mail with those tools which use top posting. anything else scares the
51 > corporate bunch. the real cs / open source / tech world approach things
52 > logically, thus you get inline/context quoting. it's been/is/will be this
53 > way before/during/after microsoft's reign.
54 > -mike
55 >
56 Great synopsis
57
58 How are things now, this is thunderbird.
59 --
60 gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list