From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Elections <elections@g.o>
Cc: alicef <alicef@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Gentoo Foundation: A second election
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 03:11:48
1 I nominate alicef
2
3 On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 8:11 PM Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > Greetings,
6 >
7 > Due to the tie in the first election we have chosen to seat robbat2
8 > and antarus and hold another election for the 3rd seat. alicef and
9 > reopen_nominations tied in the last election. To resolve the tie we
10 > will hold a second election (with nomination period.) If alicef is the
11 > only person nominated; we are likely to forgo voting in the second
12 > election and simply seat her (to conserve time.) The board does not
13 > want to have a board of 4 people[0].
14 >
15 > All times and dates UTC.
16 > The nomination period begins now and lasts for 7 days (through the end
17 > of Aug 30 2021.)
18 > Voting begins Sept 1 2021 and ends Sept 8 2021.
19 >
20 > Thanks,
21 >
22 > -A
23 >
24 > [0] If the members keep voting to reopen_nominations it will cause the
25 > seat to be vacant and the board can fill the seat at their pleasure or
26 > keep it empty. We are basically saying we will fill it; we do not want
27 > an empty seat.