From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 2.2 Other States
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:25:23
On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 20:13 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
Well also keep in mind, the bigger the by laws are. If we need someone to review them. That will take them longer, either paid or pro bono. So why waste space, and peoples reading time. With stuff that has no current use or application in the by laws.
> We don't have very long until our review meeting so we want to do the > minimum necessary to get a set of bylaws we can adopt.
Well we have by laws on file now. I would not be so quick to rush another draft through. Let's clean house, and do a thorough review and analysis. But we are just about to get to the meat, and really start trimming the fat.
> I see an annual bylaw review being put in place to ensure the bylaws > a) are not forgotten > b) are maintained. > Possibly just before election time. Anyway, I'm rambling.
I do see a reason to set forth such a mandate. That should be an ongoing thing, and at any time they can be reviewed and revised. There might be no changes on year, another year several. I see keeping the by laws up to date, and maintaining them as a primary responsibility of the foundation, trustees, and any officers. So I don't think we need to spell out the obvious. But up to the majority really. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation