From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.4. Notice
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:14:13
This section is just complete crap. I don't even know where to begin. It
starts out good, and then goes straight to hell from there. :)

In brief, physical mailings should not be part of required noticed for
any meeting. No snail mail period. Much less any stipulations wrt to
notice not being received etc.

Just need to be concise here.

"Notice stating the place, date and hour of the meeting and, in the case
of a special meeting, the purpose or purposes for which the meeting is
called, shall be delivered not less than ten (10) nor more than sixty
(60) days before the date of the meeting. Noticed will be posted on g.o
and announced on appropriate mailing lists."

Something along those lines, obviously not exactly. But really I don't
see a need to go into much more detail. There can be no fault or
liability there wrt to failure to receive notification. One form is
public and anonymous. The other is a direct mailing. It would be assumed
any foundation member that gave a crap. Would be on the appropriate
mailing list. So would get an individual notice.

Guess if we really wanted to go into detail, we could address email
bounces from foundation members. But I don't think that applies in the
meetings article/sections. That be more of administrative removal or
inactive expiration of a foundation member.

William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo Foundation