From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.4. Notice
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:14:13
1 This section is just complete crap. I don't even know where to begin. It
2 starts out good, and then goes straight to hell from there. :)
3
4 In brief, physical mailings should not be part of required noticed for
5 any meeting. No snail mail period. Much less any stipulations wrt to
6 notice not being received etc.
7
8 Just need to be concise here.
9
10 "Notice stating the place, date and hour of the meeting and, in the case
11 of a special meeting, the purpose or purposes for which the meeting is
12 called, shall be delivered not less than ten (10) nor more than sixty
13 (60) days before the date of the meeting. Noticed will be posted on g.o
14 and announced on appropriate mailing lists."
15
16 Something along those lines, obviously not exactly. But really I don't
17 see a need to go into much more detail. There can be no fault or
18 liability there wrt to failure to receive notification. One form is
19 public and anonymous. The other is a direct mailing. It would be assumed
20 any foundation member that gave a crap. Would be on the appropriate
21 mailing list. So would get an individual notice.
22
23 Guess if we really wanted to go into detail, we could address email
24 bounces from foundation members. But I don't think that applies in the
25 meetings article/sections. That be more of administrative removal or
26 inactive expiration of a foundation member.
29 William L. Thomson Jr.
30 amd64/Java/Trustees
31 Gentoo Foundation