From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Forming Gentoo Policy - Copyright Assignment and Attribution
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:22:15
1 On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 02:19:55PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
2 > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 04:51:17PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 > > If you have any concerns/objections to the policy which was outlined,
4 > > which includes a mandatory requirement to sign a contributor license
5 > > agreement and an option to also sign an assignment-like document based
6 > > on the FSFe FLA, please speak up this week.
7 > I've already said this before, but I guess I need to say it again:
8 > If a contributor license is required to be signed, I'll have to
9 > stop contributing to Gentoo.
10 Did you read the entire email? We explicitly listed one of the options
11 as (voluntary FLA/CLA AND mandatory DCO).
12
13 Could you clarify that you're objecting to that as well? In your case,
14 you could elect NOT to sign the FLA/CLA. Regardless, all of your commits
15 would have the DCO SoB signature.
16
17 The kernel is where we got the mandatory DCO concept.
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
22 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
23 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85