From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nominations (take 2)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:44:44
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Steve Long wrote:

> pauldv > an old-school original.
Thank you for the nomination. I'm not sure however whether I should accept this. Basically, since having finished by Ph.D. 1 1/2 year ago, I've had little time to work on gentoo. I guess you could say the same about the foundation. I don't see that I have more time in the near future to devote to this. At the moment I think that gentoo is better of with me not being a trustee, and instead having someone who has more time to devote to the role. As another point though. In The Netherlands it is common for these kinds of foundations to have an advisary council. Basically the job is to make sure that the actual board does what it should do, and to prevent knowledge leaving with the election of new trustees. I think that the new trustees should consider such an advisory council (in light of what happened to trigger this). In such a case I would be willing to be a part of such council. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage:

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nominations (take 2) "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>