From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-nfp] CDs and t-shirts
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:46:01
> The question remains: Will you be taking the paypal > donations with you as was agreed upon with the store, "to > support me and my family in our ability to cover _basic > living expenses_, and *potentially* help pay off *some* > (notice I did use the word *some* in my original email) > accumulated debt." or will the paypal donations feed the > Gentoo project through the new NFP?
At some point, there will only be a NFP to donate to. In the mean time, if I can't cover basic living expenses and have a basic standard of living, then I suppose I could use some of the donation money to support my family so I can continue to run the store, or I could shut down the store and quickly try to get a job. While the store is running, the donations will go towards NFP-related expenses that I am planning on covering via the Store. If not this, then if absolutely necessary towards the store itself so it can keep running. If the Store is shut down or the Store doesn't need the money, then it could go towards the NFP's operating budget, but only after the NFP's legal expenses have been paid off. If I am unable to cover basic living expenses and am saddled with the responsibility to pay off significant NFP legal fees, then no, the donation money will not go to the NFP until this situation is corrected. Otherwise you are asking me to hurt my family for the sake of Gentoo again. This is painful for me to discuss because I have already allowed Gentoo to hurt my family. Which is why I don't understand why these questions keep coming up. You'd think that after making these kinds of sacrifices in the past there would be some kind of trust in me to look out for the best interests of Gentoo. And it is unpleasant for me to have to outline all the potential scenarios of me being unable to cover my family's basic living expenses. I am tired of having to do this. Daniel -- gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] CDs and t-shirts Corey Shields <cshields@×××××××.edu>