From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] I have a Gentoo banner, traking Gentoo's assets
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 22:47:39
On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 21:46 +0000, Matthew Summers wrote:
> > We do track all the major purchases like hardware. We have been > working with infra on this for quite some time. Of course its rather > nice that Robin has joined the board. Since he is infra lead, that > makes it much easier.
I am talking about tracking after purchase. In reality there should be a requisition form that is used after purchase. That form would make someone responsible and liable for the assets which do not belong to them but to the Gentoo Foundation, and they are just a custodian. I do not believe this has happened, but there is nothing stopping someone or any entity from keeping Gentoo hardware or otherwise. Therefore anyone who has access to Gentoo hardware, needs to have signed out for that. Surely can't hurt to have safeguards in place before such incident does occur.
> In all honesty, I suspect that there are a few little items, like your > banner, that are floating around.
I would have to find the bug but the banner was like $400 or something, more or less. Its not really a cheap item, and could be the same as some low end hardware or parts.
> Keeping track of the old stuff may > prove rather difficult. In any case, thanks for letting us know you > have it and being willing to ship it to Mike.
Sure, but there is also a need for accountability of the stuff for depreciation purposes. Usually the state will want you to file an itemized in categories asset evaluation. -- William L. Thomson Jr. Obsidian-Studios, Inc.