From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: Patrick Lauer <bugs@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] The fluffy kitten manifesto
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 21:51:59
Patrick Lauer wrote:
> (*) Copyrights.
Good call
> (*) Paperwork and representing Gentoo in other regions
More than interesting
> (*) Define and discuss the roles of the Trustees > Paper-pushers? Guardians of the good mood? Visionaries? What exactly is the > role of the Trustees, and how are they supposed to do it? > - board of advisors: Sounds like a great idea, needs to be discussed > - Be more visible and accessible
> > (*) PR > This is inherently Community-building etc. If Trustees don't work on it > actively they should at least see to it that PR is always staffed. Important > for perception, keep good news flowing! > - Website redesign, needs to be revived and finally done. Part of PR / public > perception > - status reports: make it easy to see that gentoo is very alive. Improves > communication. Doesn't have to be much, but people have no idea where to > search!
Is that a trustee or a council thing? Well probably everybody would like to have an improved website, shall we go back with a reopened contest? I do like polling from time to time all the people to get a clue, pr people could help passing the news or doing the polling by themselves, nothing exactly related to the trustee IMHO.