From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: Patrick Lauer <bugs@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] The fluffy kitten manifesto
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 21:51:59
1 Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > (*) Copyrights.
3
4 Good call
7 > (*) Paperwork and representing Gentoo in other regions
8
9 More than interesting
10
11 > (*) Define and discuss the roles of the Trustees
12 > Paper-pushers? Guardians of the good mood? Visionaries? What exactly is the
13 > role of the Trustees, and how are they supposed to do it?
14 > - board of advisors: Sounds like a great idea, needs to be discussed
15 > - Be more visible and accessible
16
17 Hmm
20 > (*) PR
21 > This is inherently Community-building etc. If Trustees don't work on it
22 > actively they should at least see to it that PR is always staffed. Important
23 > for perception, keep good news flowing!
24 > - Website redesign, needs to be revived and finally done. Part of PR / public
25 > perception
26 > - status reports: make it easy to see that gentoo is very alive. Improves
27 > communication. Doesn't have to be much, but people have no idea where to
28 > search!
29
30 Is that a trustee or a council thing? Well probably everybody would like
31 to have an improved website, shall we go back with a reopened contest?
32
33 I do like polling from time to time all the people to get a clue, pr
34 people could help passing the news or doing the polling by themselves,
35 nothing exactly related to the trustee IMHO.
36
37 > (*) What NeddySeagoon said. There's not much one can add to that, It's a great
38 > manifesto.
39
40 Amen
41
42 > (*) Internal politics:
43 > Opinions are good. Disagreements are expected. Constant flaming and asshattery
44 > is not useful. Affects the public perception too, so Trustees should lead the
45 > discussion on CoC and other social guidelines.
46
47 Ehm, trustee or council? Devrel/userrel in the very end.
48
49 Beside the trustee vs council vs $project points I like your summary =)
50
51 lu
55 Luca Barbato
56 Gentoo Council Member