From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-nfp] I met with my lawyer
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:51:44
> - I fear that the number of board members (if all current
> "managers" go > in) will be too much people to have good conflict resolution. > 5 people would be the best, 7 is I think the upper limit... > But you can think otherwise and/or it can be the mission of > the transition board to set up a more effective structure
Well, I've contacted all those who have the opportunity and we'll see how the numbers turn out.
> - Board members will be in effect the project managers.
Yes and no. This *may* be the case, but is no longer required like it was with managers.
>From the email I sent to trustee candidates:
"Being a trustee does not carry with it any additional responsibilities. It is not like being a manager where you are required to have a top-level project that you are actively leading. The trustees will simply ensure that an effective and fair organizational model exists for the development project as a whole, and oversee it in as gentle and positive a way as possible."