From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nominee manifestos?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 20:47:55
1 On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2 > I understand that Trustees have a different role than Council members,
3 > but given the difficulties in resolving some organizational issues for
4 > the Foundation over the years, wouldn't it be easier for Foundation
5 > members to choose their candidate(s) with some idea of what the
6 > candidate(s) intend to do as Trustee? I see the wiki page for the
7 > election includes a field for a manifesto, yet no nominee has one.
8 >
9 > It may give the Foundation a little momentum and encourage
10 > participation. Thoughts?
11
12 ++ - in general I find it difficult to rank anybody over
13 reopen-nomination if they can't be bothered to describe their goals.
14 I don't see why it would be any less important for Trustees than
15 Council members.
18 Rich