From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question for Trustee Candidates
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 22:19:35
1 On 20-07-16 21:03:16, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > Team,
3 >
4 > The present board is divided on the future of the Foundation.
5 > I have heard several options voiced by different board members.
6 >
7 > How do the candidates see the Foundations future?
8 >
9 > --
10 > Regards,
11 >
12 > Roy Bamford
13 > (Neddyseagoon) a member of
14 > elections
15 > gentoo-ops
16 > forum-mods
17 > arm64
18
19 We have a few responsibilities to consider in the immediate future.
20
21 1. Maintain good standing for taxes.
22 a. Now that we've done our back-taxes we should continue with that.
23 2. Find a bookkeeper.
24 a. This will help ensure we don't stray again and help prepare us to
25 attain non-profit status (via their experience).
26 3. Re-incorporate as a non-profit.
27 a. Given our previous bad behaviour with the IRS attaining a 501
28 status for our current incarnation would be difficult.
29 b. I'd seek similar bylaws to what we currently have.
30 4. Seek umbrella corporation for possible management.
31 a. We'd have to be very discerning about the terms here.
32 b. The reason I support this is that it may remove a substantial amount
33 of busy work.
34
35 I do not anticipate the above occurring quickly. I'd be happy if we
36 fulfil 1-3 by this time next year.
39 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)