From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Upcoming elections
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 03:33:41
Dear all,
  The Gentoo Foundation, Inc was incorporated on 28 May 2004.  According
to the articles of incorporation, a new board of trustees needs to be
elected within 13 months of its incorporation, which is coming up fast.
At the moment the only members of the foundation are the current
trustees, and clearly that needs to change before we hold elections.
Thanks to cshields and swift the foundation has a website at
foundation.gentoo.org.

We need to start collecting members pretty soon.  My suggested
guidelines for membership are:

  1. Members must be currently active Gentoo developers who have been
  developers for at least a year.
  2. Members must have requested membership.  If you don't want to be
  a member of the foundation, you shouldn't have to be.  (Indeed, the
  actual role of the foundation is quite limited.)

Thoughts / comments?

Thanks,
g2boojum
--