From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Upcoming elections
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 03:33:41
1 Dear all,
2 The Gentoo Foundation, Inc was incorporated on 28 May 2004. According
3 to the articles of incorporation, a new board of trustees needs to be
4 elected within 13 months of its incorporation, which is coming up fast.
5 At the moment the only members of the foundation are the current
6 trustees, and clearly that needs to change before we hold elections.
7 Thanks to cshields and swift the foundation has a website at
8 foundation.gentoo.org.
9
10 We need to start collecting members pretty soon. My suggested
11 guidelines for membership are:
12
13 1. Members must be currently active Gentoo developers who have been
14 developers for at least a year.
15 2. Members must have requested membership. If you don't want to be
16 a member of the foundation, you shouldn't have to be. (Indeed, the
17 actual role of the foundation is quite limited.)
18
19 Thoughts / comments?
20
21 Thanks,
22 g2boojum
23 --
24 Grant Goodyear
25 Gentoo Developer
26 g2boojum@g.o
27 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
28 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76