From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee nominations
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:32:23
1 On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 10:51 -0600, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Since drobbins has (I believe) rescinded his offer, we
3 > need to get going on getting some competent Trustees.
4 >
5 > Now taking nominations....
6 >
7 > Normally we'd take nominations for a month, and have the polls open for
8 > a month, but I'd really like to compress that timeframe a bit. Two
9 > weeks and two weeks, perhaps? Thoughts, comments?
10
11 Since no one else commented. I will. I think the timeline is fine, we
12 need to escalate things a bit. To resolve this sooner than later. I went
13 ahead and wrote up a PR piece and set some dates based on this timeline.
14 Others were concerned with picking random dates. I was just trying to
15 bring some formality to this process.
16
17 The dates I suggested based on the above timeline, and that the process
18 has some what begun is as follows
19
20 The official start date for nominations will be Sunday January 27th.
21 Nominations will end Saturday February 9th. The election polls will then
22 be opended on Sunday February 10th. With the polls closing on February
23 23rd.
24
25 Any objections?
28 William L. Thomson Jr.