From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nominations open for the 2007/08 Trustees
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:00:55
1 On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 10:54 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Since nobody else has sent this, I guess that I will do it.
3 >
4 > The Trustees elections run in parallel with the Council elections, so
5 > now is the time for nominations there, too.
6 >
7 > Respond to the gentoo-nfp list and *not* to gentoo-dev, please.
8
9 Long term I worry about the foundation. No offense to anybody. I'm sure
10 I don't know or understand the problems you/we have encountered along
11 the way. But I think we need to face it 99.9% of our devs are not
12 suited to run a foundation such as this. That's not a bad thing in any
13 such way. Most of us came to this project cuz we are geeks doing geeky
14 things is what we do best..
15 I'm sure some of you get roped into doing the foundation because
16 you truly love Gentoo and want to see things be taken care of. However
17 to be frank. I don't think I've seen a single substantial thing
18 accomplished sense cshields left Gentoo. Please don't take that the
19 wrong way. I know we are all busy people. Perhaps you guys have done
20 shitloads and I/we just don't know about it. Perhaps it's still the same
21 old story.. We are waiting on ABC banks. We can't re-incorp without
22 XYZ first.
23
24 Anyway point I'm trying to make here is that I think we might be
25 better off using a 3rd party as our foundation. IE people who have
26 the experience/motivation and time to focus on such things
27 that a foundation should be.
28
29 Anyway. I'd like to nominate nobody in-house.
32 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
33 Gentoo Linux
36 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list