From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] List of items to be addressed by audit
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 19:32:25
On 2011.03.29 19:38, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> Roy, > > On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 19:02 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote: > > > > William, > > > > I will patiently away the outcome ... is a key phrase in your > post. > > Nothing will start by way of an audit until we have elected a new > > Treasurer and he or she is comfortable in the role. >
> -- > William L. Thomson Jr. > Obsidian-Studios, Inc. > > > >
William, Matthew, is both our Secretary and Treasurer for the time being. We are all acutely aware that he is our sole cheque signatory, thus a single point of failure until he divests himself of one of those roles. None of us want to repeat the issues we had with recovering our funds again. I whole heartedly agree about the need to separate the trustees and officers roles. We are where we are ... and need to plan on how to get to where we need to be. Just doing it, to the neglect of other things, is not the way forward. The audit is important but its not the only thing that is important to the Foundation. As the Gentoo Foundation has the same individuals serving as trustees and officers, its a little difficult to separate the two aspects of the election. You are technically correct that the election is for trustees, not officers. However, the election may change the officers too, just because we do not have separate officers and trustees. The way the Foundation appoints officers is stated in the bylaws <quote> 6. Article VI Officers Section 6.1. Officers. The officers of the foundation shall consist of a President, a Secretary and a Treasurer, each of whom shall be elected by the Board of Trustees. A Chairman of the Board, one or more Vice Chairmen, one or more Vice Presidents, and such other officers and assistant officers and agents as may be deemed necessary may be elected or appointed by the Board of Trustees from time to time. Any two (2) or more offices may be held by the same person, except the offices of President and Secretary </quote> There is more but that's the key 'how'. I don't understand your misconception that there can only be four officers. The bylaws, quoted above, stipulate a minimum of three but there is no maximum. I think we will have to agree to differ over the optimum number of trustees. The Foundation started out with 13 and as we all know, that didn't work very well. You state that the timing of an audit is 'not acceptable'. I feel I must point out "Section 3.12. Action by Members Without a Meeting." of the bylaws in case you should wish to take further action within the confines of the Gentoo Foundation. -- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] List of items to be addressed by audit "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-nfp] List of items to be addressed by audit "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>