From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Tax return and accounting discrepancies
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 04:38:02
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:10 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 00:01 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote: >> sorry, i didnt mean bylaws, but rather the charter, or whatever >> document that describes the non-profit.  it used to say we needed 7 >> trustees, but it has since been changed to 5. > > No worries, but again a legally entity does not require a > board/trustees, but officers. If the charter did not make provisions for > officers, then that could be the source of the problem :) > > I think you might mean the articles of incorporation vs charter? The > articles seem to state a requirement of 3.
there it is. the correct phrasing doesnt really matter as to the correctness of my original point ... if we are legally obligated to provide X people, then filling an empty seat with any eligible person is better than leaving it empty. obviously i havent read the documents to the level you have as ive trusted things to "just work" -mike

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Tax return and accounting discrepancies "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>