From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Gentoo Core <gentoo-core@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Gentoo Foundation Elections
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:37:30
Hello again.

Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
>> The election officials are Ɓukasz Damentko[1], Jorge Manuel B. S. >> Vicetto[2], and Richard Freeman[3]. The infrastructure team contact >> for the election is Shyam Mani[4]. The election officials have >> published a page[5] with all the information on the election >> including lists of voting members of the Gentoo Foundation. >> >> * [1] - rane@g.o >> * [2] - jmbsvicetto@g.o >> * [3] - rich0@g.o >> * [4] - fox2mike@g.o >> * [5] - >> >> The election polls will be open from Wednesday February 13th to >> Wednesday 27th. >> > Just a small update. For logistic reasons we need to push the voting > period 24 hours. Thus, the election will take place from 00H00 UTC > February 14th (Thursday) to 0H00 February 28th (Thursday). > We will send a mail with all the nominees and the list of voters after > the nomination period ends in over one hour. >
I made a mistake as the voting period lasts from 00:00.00 UTC February 14th (Thursday) to 23:59.59 UTC February 28th (Thursday), so you can still vote on the 28th. As promised the list of nominees to the trustees election is the following: William Thomson - wltjr Roy Bamford - NeddySeagoon Tom Gall - tgall Patrick Lauer - tgall Joshua Jackson - tsunam Jeffrey Gardner - je_fro Ferris McCormick - fmccor Jakub Moc - jakub The list of voters for this election[6] can be checked through the elections page[5]. * [6] - To vote on this election, do the following: Eligible current Gentoo devs should login to and run the following commands, in the order specified. * votify --new trustees2008 - This creates a new ballot in your homedir. * Edit the .ballot-trustees2008 file and rank the candidates. * Once you're sure, run votify --verify trustees2008 to check the validity of the ballot. * If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit your vote using votify --submit trustees2008 * In case you're stuck, detailed help can be accessed by using votify --help or feel free to drop by #gentoo-elections on IRC. If you think you are eligible to vote, but cannot, please contact one of the officials. * Grab a beer, have fun, sit back and enjoy the show..till we announce the results ;) The remaining Foundation members (ex-devs), should email their ballot to the 3 election officials, signing the mail with their gpg key: * rane@g.o * jmbsvicetto@g.o * rich0@g.o Please check the elections page as we've updated it to include all this info. For the election officials, -- Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org Gentoo- forums / Userrel / SPARC / KDE -- gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list