From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 03:27:16
On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 20:17 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
> > No way? How negative :P. I think this is a noble goal (even if only > to pay a fraction).
See list archive between say September and October. Very low volume then. My ideas not even matured were raped to pieces.
> I would, however, choose not to throw away certain principles of how I > think Gentoo should be ran to > achieve this end and I sometimes feel that William's ideas would do so > (e.g. selling advertising space).
We are selling ad space now. Just indirectly and with no consistent policies. Plus some like GNi get questionable benefit. But Gentoo having ads is selling out just as much as Google is by making billions of ads in the first place :) Which Gentoo turns around and uses for Summer of Code and etc. I love the double standard, and all the ideals do what exactly for Gentoo? -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation