From: Daniel Ostrow <dostrow@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nomination
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:59:30

Consider this a submission for my candidacy for one of the Trustee
positions. I have a decent amount of experiance with for-profit
US corporations (specifically C and S class). I used to own one of each
in the state of Nevada which has very friendly for-profit corporate tax
laws. With this knowledge in hand I have been reading both the NM and DE
state nfp filing and tax laws over the last few weeks and I have found
that they are particularly similar in scope. From what I have read DE
is far more nfp friendly (vis a vis residency requirements and corporate
filings). I also have some experiance with IP transefer as I had to go
through something similar when I sold on of the aforementioned
companies. I believe that I have something to bring to the table from
this aspect and am certainly ready and willing to wade through the
legal mumbo-jumbo as I get some form of perverse pleasure out of it. One
of the "standard" duties of the Secretary is to make sure that state and
federal filings make it in on time and are of the correct format, I
believe that with my prior experiance I could help out in this manner.

Daniel Ostrow
gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list