From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Lukasz Damentko <rane@g.o>
Cc: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>, Gentoo NFP <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] nominations
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:48:18
Lukasz Damentko wrote:
> > "No individual shall serve as a Gentoo Foundation Trustee and Gentoo > Council Member concurrently " > > So if dertobi123 wishes to run for a position of a Trustee, he has to > resign from his seat on the Council. >
I don't think the bylaws say that Council members can't run for a position of a Trustee. It says that they can't serve as a Trustee. Presumably that can be handled by either stepping down from the Council upon winning a position as a Trustee, or declining to take office upon winning (that might seem counterproductive but it would allow one to see who came in next before deciding which office to hold). He certainly could run while still holding his current office. I think that this bylaw is counterproductive, but that's a different topic... :)