From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] PGP fingerprints of Foundation members (item for Trustees meeting)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 21:06:26
1 On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 01:13:13PM +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > As discussed with prometheanfire in #gentoo-trustees, I am suggesting
3 > the following as an item for the (September?) Trustees meeting.
4 >
5 > Apparently, the Foundation only has a list of PGP key IDs in
6 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Member_List. Even worse, most
7 > IDs listed there are only 32 bit IDs, providing no security at all.
8 >
9 > I would like to ask the Foundation to keep a list with the (160 bit)
10 > PGP fingerprints of its members. (For developers, this information
11 > should be readily available in LDAP.)
12 >
13 > Ulrich
14
15 Great idea. I'm willing to update this information: do I need anything beyond
16 LDAP access + keyserver reference to do this? I also noticed it hasn't been
17 updated since July; do we have a file somewhere that has non-developer members
18 to cross-reference?
19
20 Changing from Key ID to fingerprint shouldn't be a problem; it'll just
21 be a wider table.
24 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer, Trustee, Treasurer
25 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
26 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6