From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-nfp] CDs and t-shirts
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:00:02
1 > From: Corey Shields [mailto:cshields@×××××××.edu]
2 > I would argue with this. Like I mentioned before, a NFP
3 > allows for a lot more than just a CD/t-shirt business.
4
5 OK, you misunderstood what I was saying. I was trying to say that the NFP,
6 as you point out, has many other more productive avenues for funding, so I
7 don't expect that the continuation of the Gentoo Store as a separate entity
8 will really limit the NFP finanically in any way.
9
10 > I would just like to see more of a positive attitude towards
11 > the NFP as far as finances go, as opposed to the idea that
12 > NFP means "no money".
13
14 Well, NFP definitely doesn't mean "no money."
15
16 To avoid getting sidetracked for another six months, I'm getting this NFP
17 set up first, and then the trustees will be addressing funding issues as a
18 team. I will write up a coop proposal to present to the board. Trying to do
19 everything at once has shown to be a poor model for making progress, so I'm
20 being very careful to avoid doing so now.
21
22 Daniel
26 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list