From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation bank account
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:03:16
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On 2008.08.13 01:31, Ferris McCormick wrote:
5 > On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:43:34 -0400
6 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o> wrote:
7 >
8 > > On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 07:55 -0500,
9 > gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com
10 > > wrote:
11 > > >
12 > > > Another option, that might be fit our role more is some direct or
13 > online
14 > > > banking. ING.com is one of the biggest ones. Capital One is
15 > another one
16 > > > but I don't care for them as a company .. personal preference.
17 > That
18 > > > would get by the problem of having to be close by.
19 > >
20 > > Looks like Capital One is a winner. We only have to provide them
21 > with
22 > > whom ever we want on file as authorized signers. We do not have to
23 > put
24 > > on file all officers. No one has to go to NM, or anything physical.
25 > > Because they offer direct bank accounts, accessed purely online.
28 > Now, that is great news. Thanks for all the effort you've put in on
29 > this.
30 >
31 [snip]
32 > > --
33 > > William L. Thomson Jr.
34 > > amd64/Java/Trustees
35 > > Gentoo Foundation
38 > Thanks again,
39 > Regards,
40 > Ferris
41 >
42 > --
43 > Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
44 > Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel, Userrel, Trustees)
45 >
46 Team,
47
48 I'm quite keen not to be a signatory since I'm not in the US.
49 Capital One (in the UK) already have my personal data as until
50 recently, I had an account with them.
51
52 Point to ponder ...
53 Should only trustees be signatories or should we permit officers to
54 operate the account too?
55 Trustees serve as officers today but that may not always be the case.
56 Indeed, it may be desireable to split the roles.
57
58 William,
59 Thanks for all the legwork.
60