From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] How to improve the trustees
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:45:11
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:24:19 -0800
Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:

> OK, I'm starting a new thread here to try to discuss some things the > trustees can do to improve both visibility and also attempt to > ensure/promote progress within the Foundation. Please chime in with > your own ideas. > > - Regular meetings - The trustees should have a regular monthly > meeting to discuss progress, preferably the first week of the month > (for GMN). > > - Regular GMN section - I think that both the Council and the trustees > should have a section each for summaries of their latest meetings. > This should relay information about what is happening to the > developer pool and the community, in general.
Document everything you do as a trustee, including stuff that's confidential (e.g. chats with lawyers). Of course that can't all be made public (that would be ideal), but from what I understood the lack of documentation was a serious problem during the last trustee handover, so any action/communication you make as a trustee should be archived somehow and made available to the next board of trustees so they don't have to waste time trying to figure it out. Even more important if people decide to retire before the end of their term. Marius -- gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] How to improve the trustees "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>