From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: [gentoo-project] Merging Trustees and Council / Developers and Foundation
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 22:17:31
1 On 01/05/2017 11:10 PM, Matthew Thode wrote:
2 >>> This split is suboptimal for Gentoo (all of it). There is a reason why
3 >>> normal corporations are structured the way they are and Gentoo has not
4 >>> been like that since 2004.
5 >>> This proposal sets out a plan to revert to the normal corporate
6 >>> structure that Gentoo enjoyed before the Foundation and Council were
7 >>> created.
8 >> Can you elaborate a bit more on why it is suboptimal? I see the text
9 >> below, but is it really sufficient description for a major change?
12 > Suboptimal for having different voting pools meaning possibly
13 > conflicting goals. There's also the denial of the technical side of
14 > Gentoo still being under the legal side, even if we don't wish this to
15 > be the case. Keeping Gentoo self-aligned and self-consistent is the goal.
16
17 I'd still prefer more details as to rationale
20 Kristian Fiskerstrand
21 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
22 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3