From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Section 2.1 New Mexico
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:05:28
Nothing here stands out to me as needing to be changed. Other than, per
other thread on section 1.1. We might considering dropping the following

"The foundation may, from time to time, designate a different address as
its registered office or a different person as its registered agent, or
both; provided, however, that such designation shall become effective
upon the filing of a statement of such change with the Secretary of
State of the State of New Mexico as is required by law."

I think the statement made initial about what is set forth in the
Certificate of Incorporation. Pretty much implies if the registered
agent/address changes the articles should be updated. It's pretty much
the law. So not sure we need to spell that out in the by laws.

Even if we change it temporarily ( if that's possible ), you do that
only by contact NM. If we change it and don't tell anyone. NM is still
going to give out and use the registered agent/address on file at that

Otherwise no change to section IMHO. Going to move on to others, feel
free to comment.

William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo Foundation