From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation membership, take 2
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:19:39
Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Jochen Maes wrote: > >>>I second this, I also would like to see every candidate to create a >>>nice page explaining why they think they should be a good trustee. >>>It's good to know what people stand for. > > > Let's see. ... How about, "I stand for dealing with intellectual > property issues and finances." > > I think this is a bad idea because what people stand for is largely > irrelevant to a trustee's role, unless they actually have some position > on the things the board really does rather than random stuff like, "I'm > going to be the best trustee you've ever had because I'm so trusty." > That successfully turns the whole thing into a political campaign too, > which is annoying.
Yes, campaigning will be very annoying! I can just see all the posts on planet.g.o now ... ".. and remember, vote for me because I'm cool!" Seriously though, I'd hate to see this turn into some popularity campaign. -- gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list -- Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o> Gentoo Infrastructure | Operational Manager --- Public GPG key: <> Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742 ramereth/