From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Control of Funds SPI/Bank was -> Gentoo Foundation bank account
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:45:45
1 On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 17:20 -0700, Blackace wrote:
2 >
3 > But it should be, putting all of Gentoo's financial assets under the
4 > control of one or two people increases the odds of problems...say one
5 > gets in a car wreck and one...I don't know...buys it in a terrible soft
6 > serve machine accident in the dev lounge... :)
7
8 Let me take this moment to also point out a very important fact wrt to
9 the above comment and the SPI. If we say handed things over to the SPI.
10 We would have a single point of contact to the SPI. Not more than one.
11
12 So if one or two people on a bank account is an issue. Think about the
13 issues of one person being our liason/contact to the SPI. Lots of fun if
14 they are MIA :)
15
16 Granted there are ways we could participate in the SPI membership and
17 otherwise. But there is still the issue of having only one contact with
18 them. They will not answer to a board of trustees per say.
21 William L. Thomson Jr.
22 amd64/Java/Trustees
23 Gentoo Foundation