From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Gentoo Elections <elections@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-nfp] 2021 Trustees election
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 15:21:13
1 On Wed, Jul 07, 2021 at 04:39:20PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2021-07-07 at 10:26 -0400, Aaron Bauman wrote:
3 > >
4 > You seem to be entirely ignoring the fact that someone actually has to
5 > do the accounting and paperwork. Just because Robin is spending
6 > the little time he has on it doesn't mean we have to force him into
7 > doing it forever. And all the research we've done before proves that
8 > there are no other good volunteers capable of doing it, and commercial
9 > accounting services would eat a significant part of Gentoo's donations
10 > (definitely more than what the 'most expensive' umbrellas charge).
13 I am not ignoring it and I am not implying that Robin continue to do the
14 work he has been doing. Apologies for the definitive statement of "the
15 one issue."
16
17 Aside from that, I dare say we have explored or engaged with all of the
18 contractors available to do such work. There are many tax services
19 available for reasonable prices here in the United States.
20
21 Now that taxes are settled, I will begin engaging with contacts I have
22 to get a quote on services.
23
24 -Aaron