From: Corey Shields <cshields@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Board of trustees
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:38:55
2 Hash: SHA1
5 Glad to see this coming to pass. Can you ellaborate on the organization
6 structure of Gentoo once the NFP is created, and what the roles of the board
7 will be versus the roles of other parts of the distribution? I don't want to
8 see us walk into this NFP upgrading every manager to a board member and then
9 nothing changes with the NFP other than the name.
10
11 When the NFP corporation is established, who is going to handle the press
12 release of such event? I think that is a -pr thing, but I haven't seen
13 anything out of the other members of that group for a while now, so this may
14 fall under a member of the new board. The press release should be aimed at
15 describing some of the organizational changes (read above) and how they will
16 help to make Gentoo a better distribution and how the NFP will maintain the
17 community aspect of Gentoo. I imagine we may pick up a few users here and
18 there who have been shy towards Gentoo because it had a corporate front.
19 Poor excuse for keeping a closed mind, I know, but they are out there.
20
21 Anyway, main point is in the first paragraph. RFC.. thanks!
22
23 Cheers,
24
25 - -Corey