From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 4.1 Member Classes
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 03:45:48
1 On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 20:40 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
2 >
3 > I will say I was a bit rash in that conversation. Note that claiming
4 > you want to pay folks when
5 > you presently have no money sounds silly (and it still kind of does).
6 >
7 > Claiming you want to help the foundation make money because sometime
8 > in the nebulous future you want
9 > to be a more independent project is a bit more...well presented arguement?
10 >
11 > I don't recall you mentioning for instance, FreeBSD's success in asset
12 > management and distribution; certainly it
13 > helps make your point a bit clearer no?
14
15 Look I am not the board. I do not have to clarify every little detail to
16 ever person. Frankly I am very close to burn out on all this.
17
18 I have already private voiced to the trustees I will be stepping back
19 and assessing things. My letter of resignation might soon follow. If it
20 weren't for the obligation I feel toward those who voted for me. Despite
21 me saying in my manifesto, don't vote for me.
22
23 Much less my own interested in making sure Gentoo has a future.
26 > You may interpret it as selling; I do not. It is a 'you scratched our
27 > back and we will scratch yours' kind of deal.
28
29 Us paying GNi for their services monthly. Would scratch their back way
30 more than the ad does now. So basically GNi is giving is a massage, and
31 we tickle their feet in return.
32
33 Yes mighty fair, which is why we almost lost them. Still no one comments
34 on that :) Which still could come. And no one would be prepared for
35 that, and I can't even imagine the effect it would have on the project.
38 William L. Thomson Jr.
39 amd64/Java/Trustees
40 Gentoo Foundation