From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question about other people's intellectual property
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:34:08
On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:11:53AM -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> So basically, if I wanted to start working with some company to allow us > to redistribute their IP in an official manner, as explained above, then > I could do so, but the trustees would have to approve it, since it would > be the Foundation that is the legal entity which actually receives the > license, correct?
See it as a license that the company writes for the Gentoo Foundation wrt the copying and redistribution of that particular IP. The trustees need to implicitly accept the license (the same way you need to accept the GPL license on GPL software before you use the software).
> I have been working on some new GameCD stuff, as you all are probably > aware of by now. Well, I am getting to the point where I am ready to > distribute it. The first GameCD that I wish to produce is an Unreal > Tournament 2004 Demo GameCD. This was actually requested by Daniel > Vogel and Ryan Gordon, both of Epic. Of course, this was requested way > back in February of 2004, so I don't know if the offer still stands. > Basically, I was going to contact Epic and see if they would grant us a > license to redistribute the game in a modified (installed) form. I > would also want permission to use their logos for the game and > trademarks. > > Would anyone have any objections to me beginning to pursue this?
Surely not :) Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Documentation project leader The Gentoo Project <<< >>>

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-nfp] Question about other people's intellectual property Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>