From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Logo usage on http://snapcraft.io/
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 22:48:58
1 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 >
3 > Hey all,
4 >
5 > please have a look at this page
6 >
7 > http://snapcraft.io/
8 >
9 > Is that logo usage [*] permitted under our guidelines?
10 >
11 > Unless I have missed some official communication there is no endorsment of
12 > this project by Gentoo.
13 >
14 > Cheers, A
17 > [*] close, but not exactly our logo?
21 I found this:
22
23 http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/06/goodbye-apt-and-yum-ubuntus-snap-apps-are-coming-to-distros-everywhere/
26 From that comes this:
27
28 "Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth and a few of his tech gurus gave us
29 a preview of the announcement yesterday, though they stressed that the
30 project was driven by open source community members rather than
31 Canonical itself. Arch contributor Tim Jester-Pfadt and Gentoo developer
32 Richard Yao were among the key contributors, Shuttleworth said."
33
34 That is right below "A community-driven project". Sounds like Richard
35 Yao is the person helping on the project and would be good to hear from.
36
37 Dale
38