From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Question about other people's intellectual property
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:02:15
1 I have a question that I haven't been able to get a suitable answer to
2 as of yet. Then again, I haven't asked the right people I am sure.
3
4 What legal standing does the Foundation have in regard to Gentoo
5 developers? If I wanted to, for example, work with a certain software
6 company to be able to distribute their products in a slightly modified
7 form, something which is explicitly forbidden in their license, but they
8 were willing to license the software to the Foundation for this explicit
9 purpose, would that apply to all of Gentoo? The Foundation members?
10 Nobody?
13 Chris Gianelloni
15 Games - Developer
16 Gentoo Linux