From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Question about other people's intellectual property
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:02:15
I have a question that I haven't been able to get a suitable answer to
as of yet.  Then again, I haven't asked the right people I am sure.

What legal standing does the Foundation have in regard to Gentoo
developers?  If I wanted to, for example, work with a certain software
company to be able to distribute their products in a slightly modified
form, something which is explicitly forbidden in their license, but they
were willing to license the software to the Foundation for this explicit
purpose, would that apply to all of Gentoo?  The Foundation members?
Nobody?

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead/QA Manager